Why IWD matters to us
Financial services and technology are traditionally male-dominated industries.
In fact, just 24% of leadership roles across the financial services sector are held by women. And if we take a closer look at specific industries, such as FinTech, the picture gets bleaker still – just 30% of the entire FinTech workforce are female.
Right from the start, TCC and sister company Recordsure have bucked this trend.
Our Founder and Executive Chair, Joanne Smith, has walked her own path throughout her career and has been a great example to other aspiring female entrepreneurs.
She is a prominent member of the female business community, helping to fly the flag at multiple forums ranging from Forward Ladies through to the Female Founders trade mission to Silicon Valley a few years ago.
Most recently, she’s been shortlisted for the Innovator of the Year award at the UK FinTech Awards 2022.
>> Read all about Joanne’s recent nomination here <<
We’re proud to have strong female leadership and high female representation in our workforce. We regularly knock industry averages out of the park:
– 40% of our Group Senior Management Team are women, while the industry average is 24%
– 45% of our managers are female, as opposed to a 38% industry average
But despite this success, we also recognise that there’s plenty more work to be done.
As a Group, TCC and Recordsure are committed to leading by example and driving positive culture change.
Here’s just a few things we’re planning to do to improve gender diversity, equity and inclusion before #IWD2023 rolls around.
- Reviewing our HR policies to ensure these promote diversity, equity and inclusion
- Introducing new policies focused on menopause, infertility and domestic abuse
- Reviewing the employee benefits we offer, with a focus on supporting diversity and inclusivity
- Unconscious bias training for hiring managers