Reports to: Client Delivery Director
Responsible for (people or teams): Resource assigned to managed services projects
Job Summary: To lead and manage a portfolio of client managed service delivery projects undertaken remotely or at Leeds Operation Centre or client site to deliver subject matter expertise, quality, consistency, efficiency and resource utilisation. To manage key projects and develop and continually improve a ‘one best way’ approach to delivery, strengthening client advocacy and TCCs brand.
- Responsible for delivery of a portfolio of managed service projects
- Manage the portfolio of work to ensure that Service Level Agreements are met and projects are delivered on time to to quality standards and within budgeted costs.
- Lead, motivate, develop, inspire and enable the Operations team to achieve maximum efficiency and productivity and support in delivering allocated projects.
- Work with Director of Actuarial and Redress Services to ensure seamless delivery of redress calculations where this applies to clients within your portfolio. Account manage portfolio clients and stakeholders providing timely progress information, MI and reports
- Perform quality assurance case checks and oversee the quality and consistency of managed services outputs.
- Ensure the smooth handover of all new projects from Sales to the Operations including:
- Working with the client to ensure that the objectives of the project are fully understood and agreed and that service level agreements are clearly drawn up.
- Ensuring that due diligence is given to reasonability of project budgets, productivity targets and other client expectations.
- Ensuring that new projects are set up in a professional manner to agreed quality standards.
- Being fully aware of the skills, qualifications, training needs and availability of all employed and contract staff against current and projected project requirements.
- Having responsibility for the deployment of staff to projects and managing resource allocation across all projects and contracts to ensure optimum productivity and utilisation of staffing at all times.
- Providing material for and facilitating Resource Allocation meetings and ensuring that resource needs are constantly planned, monitored and managed.
- Performance management and coaching of employed resource.
- Subject to the demands of the above responsibilities, act as Project Manager on client projects or undertake any other work which may be required to support the needs of the business or achieve business objectives.
- Constantly seeking innovative ways to improve the operational and resource effectiveness and efficiency of the project cycle including its governance and documentation, systems and controls, costs, margins and resource monitoring and methods in which we constantly exceed the client expectations.
- Seek out and attract business opportunities with existing and potential new clients.
Project Infrastructure & Support
- Ensuring that project support is provided to deliver internal and external reporting requirements, managing a pan-program team of individuals where this is most efficient.
- To coordinate support resource to deliver maximum efficiencies and synergies across Leeds OC.
- Development and production of Weekly and Monthly Statistics as required.
- Ensuring that new projects are set up in a professional manner to agreed quality standards
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Level 4 Financial Planning and DB transfer qualification (AF7, AF3, G60) is essential.
- Prince 2 or equivalent project management qualifications desirable.
- Wide ranging knowledge of the regulated sales process (former adviser an advantage)
- Awareness of the principles underpinning redress for inappropriate regulated advice
- The FCA handbook in particular COBS 9 & 19.1
- Report writing
- Process creation and mapping
- Conduct of regulated file reviews and complaint handling for all regulated products
- Preparation of proposals and marketing material
- Ability to make robust judgements on the suitability of financial advice for all regulated products especially Defined Benefit transfers
- Be able to analyse and comment on methodology and advice standards in the 1st and 2nd line of defence for business assurance/file checking functions
- Acting as SME on areas of expertise
- Working as part of a team and as a team leader
- Exposure and familiarity to the regulated sales process over at least 5 years, ideally longer
- Dealing with internal and external stakeholders
- Being part of a technical sales process including attending client meetings and presenting as an SME
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills required to work successfully with clients and staff to gain support and co-operation at all levels.
- Strong communication skills to ensure project progress, issues and challenges are communicated clearly and accurately.
- Strong organisational and time management skills. Required to manage resources and projects.
- Able to produce and deliver clear and accurate management information, reports and presentations both written and verbal.
- Ability to identify opportunities to improve processes and increase productivity/quality.
- Excellent people management and coaching skills.
- The ability to remain calm and to act as a role model in challenging situations, to recognise pressure points and to provide support, guidance and coaching to enable others to work through problems and achieve solutions.
- Influential and able to present findings to clients and provide robust evidence and audit trail. Able to discuss and walk through recommended actions.
Experience & Knowledge
- Experience and understanding of working in a technical financial services target driven environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of financial service industry qualifications and skills.
- Several years’ demonstrable experience of managing and resourcing managed service deliveries to clients in a financial services environment
- Experience of leading teams and of managing human resource related matters
- Financial and resource/productivity forecasting