‘Legitimate Interest’ means the interests of our company in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best services and experience. For example, we have an interest in making sure our services are relevant for you, so we may process your personal data to contact you by telephone with discussions tailored to your interests.
When we process your personal information for our legitimate interests, we make sure to consider the balance, and any potential impact, on you (both positive and negative) and your rights under the data protection regulation. Our legitimate business interests do not automatically override your interests – we will not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law).
Our legitimate business interests may include some or all of the following:
- For evidential purposes to effectively manage and maintain records of our relationships/communications with you;
- For business development related activity such as contacting you by telephone or email to arrange meetings with our experts in relation to work or knowledge sharing;
- To enhance, modify, personalise or otherwise improve our services and communications for the benefit of you;
- To better understand how you interact with our website and content in order to enhance your customer experience;
- To determine the effectiveness of promotional campaigns to inform marketing strategy.
Sometimes we will process your personal data to enable us to comply with our obligations to the FCA when carrying out a Section 166 Skilled Person’s Review.
Version 4.0 | 21st June 2019