We spent a lot of time with the client to understand what the operational requirements were, how the calculators were originally built and what data was available. We immediately noticed that the bank’s existing calculators were poorly documented and controlled, which added another layer of complexity to the build.
After our initial research and analysis, we followed a three stage process:
- Build: we successfully adapted three calculators and built one completely new, which were in line with the client’s preferences and its other products.
- Assurance: we created a separate, independent team to undertake robust quality assurance and conduct full coding and scenario tests, adapting the calculator as needed based on client feedback.
- Smooth deployment: we delivered a walk-through session to ensure the client knew how to fully maximise the capabilities of its new calculators. We also created a number of training materials including user guides and a methodology paper with examples of each type of PPI calculation.
Following the impressive delivery of the stage 2 calculators, we undertook a review of the client’s existing stage 1 products. We replaced them with calculators that were easier to use and enabled a greater turnover of calculation numbers.